What is Spytify?
Spytify is a Windows desktop application for recording music from Spotify. It’s a free open source Spotify recorder which records Spotify songs and skips ads, ensuring lossless sound quality. It automatically splits songs into separate tracks and records to MP3 with ID3 tags included artist, title and album. With Spytify, you could start easily enjoying your music on any MP3 Player or burnt to CD.
How it works?
Spytify records music from the soundcard of your computer. It records what music you are playing on computer. You will get the same quality as the original Spotify music, so the recorded copy will be indistinguishable from Spotify’s one. Spytify records at .mp3 quality, and not at higher qualities like .flac, as we know the Spotify deliver 320 kbps audio quality for most of songs.
How to record songs from Spotify?
It’s simple to record Spotify music with Spytify, please follow the step by step below:
- Download, install Spytify here.
- Launch the Spytify and your Spotify desktop application.
- Click the recording button in upper right on Spytify and then playing music on Spotify.
That’s all. Spytify will detect if there is a sound on your computer, if yes, it will start to record music that is playing. all recordings are saved under the same path: …/My Music/, the default music of Windows.
- Automatically adds metadata to .mp3 file (track, Track Title, Artist, Album Title, Album Art, Cover and Genre)
- No Ads Doesn’t record ads and has an option to disable audio ads
- Mutes Other Apps Mutes any other applications while spying Spotify
- Great Audio Quality Gets and records with the same great audio quality than Spotify
- Normalize volume Max out the volume of your Spotify audio session to record all song at the same volume level delivered by Spotify
- Works for both free and paid Spotify account Up to 120 kbps for A free Spotify account since Spotify restricts a free account with audio quality to 120 kbps. Recording up to 320 kbps audio if you have a Premium Spotify subscription.
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Framework (.NET 4.6 or higher).
- Spotify Desktop application.
Pros and cons
- Free to use
- Get ID3 tags for each recorded song
- Get same quality music from Spotify
- Remove Ads
- Only support for Windows OS
- Need to install Spotify desktop application, didn’t work with Spotify browser player
- Record music from Spotify only not support other popular streaming music services like Amazon prime music.
- The interface need to be improved. It seems a Matrix theme.
- Music quality its bad.