List of new features after update
I just received an update on my Unlocked S10+ and there were a few small changes that I didn’t see anyone really talking about. So, I wanted to list them here:
- Volume dot appears on YouTube now when you change volume. You can select it and drag it: https://i.imgur.com/I087snX.jpg
- If you have the “Gesture Hints” turned on for your navigation bar then there are two small changes.
1) If you swipe right ONCE on the Home “gesture line” then you switch between your last used app only. It previously just cycled through your entire list of apps one at a time. Edit: http://imgur.com/a/w67ZyDtI have been informed that this is NOT new functionality.
- 2) Swiping up on Home and holding, to activate Google Assistant, now seems to show a “activation” animation that fills out the gesture hint line
- Single tapping in a text field now brings up the context menu, (Clipboard, Copy, Paste, etc). It was previously a hold to bring it up. It worked in Google Messages and Keep.
- Samsung Blockchain Keystore now available for unlocked, and possibly carrier, models. Go to Settings -> Biometrics and Security and scroll down to select it and activate it.
- Calls and Messaging Continuity. Go to Settings -> Connections -> Call & Message Continuity. This seems to allow calls/messages to come through on any device your Samsung account is signed into. Samsung Messages must also be your default app: http://imgur.com/a/NoPzMSX. Might only be some models. AT&T user says they don’t have while T-Mobile user does.
- When you use wireless powershare, the heart rate monitor LED will flash blue when waiting for a device to charge, will turn red once something is charging, green when it’s fully charged. There is also a new charging animation: http://imgur.com/a/PPC4Ls4
That’s all I’ve found so far! If you guys see anything else then please comment to let me know and I’ll try to update this post.
Bug fixes: – Caller ID no longer toggling off in the dialer after a reboot.